Sunday, April 17, 2011
Matt Dusk: Back From Vegas Concert, a set on Flickr.
Gotta a last minute call to shoot some photos at a local concert featuring Matt Dusk and special Guests Diane Pancel and Anna Wilson.
Great talent and awesome venue (Alix Goolden hall is an old converted church and now a music conservatory). Nice to have such an informal venue where I could get all sorts of awesome angles.
Shot several hundred shots with both my 5DmkII and the 7D. I used the 135mm F/2L and the 24mm F/1.4L mark II. Switching back and forth between cameras and also switching back and forth lenses.
Interesting discovery. I found the 7D was awesome at metering but had more misfocus errors than the 5DmkII. 70% of my keeper shots were from the 5DmkII while the remaining 30% were from the 7D. I was a little surprised by this. So much for the AF myth.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Spring was late this year (time to route that groundhog outta his hole for lieing to us). I stopped by my favourite stop before picking up my son from Daycare.
This is a focus stack, and just to point out it was windy, it proves that your subject doesn't have to be completely still. However, my focus rail is driving me nuts. I wish there was a more automated way to rack my focus while shooting each successive shot
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Currently my two favourite lenses is my Samyang 14mm F/2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical and my Canon EF 24mm F/1.4L USM II.
This list is meant to be a summary and a little short tidbit of the benefits and problems of each lens. All photos by me with write-ups on some pros and cons of each lens. There's plenty of reviews out there so this is merely a snapshot of each lens with my opinion of how they work in the field and how they kind of compare to each other. I will be updating this list from time to time as there's another half dozen lenses that I've not listed in here. Check back occasionally: